Summer time is one of the best times of the year; the days are longer, the nights are milder, and most importantly, it’s time to use up those saved vacation hours. If you’re spending part of your summer recovering after wisdom tooth removal, treat yourself to these tasty oral surgeon approved snacks!
How to Spice Up Your Diet after Wisdom Tooth Removal Surgery
Chill out with a chilled chai smoothie
Get yourself through that muggy summer afternoon with a chilled take on Indian masala chai tea. This refreshing chai recipe effectively harnesses the smoky and aromatic delicacy of chai with soothing cool temperatures to keep your body refreshed and your swelling down after your wisdom tooth removal procedure.
- Three cups whole milk
- ¼ cup loose masala chai tied in cheesecloth, or 4 chai tea bags
- Four slices peeled fresh ginger
- 12 whole black peppercorns
- One cinnamon stick
- Two tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream
- One pint vanilla ice cream
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Prep: Before you start, place four tall glasses in the freezer to chill before serving.
- Warm the milk over medium heat in a saucepan.
- When the whole milk begins to steam and bubble appear around the edge of the saucepan, remove it from the heat and add your chai tea bags along with ginger, peppercorns, the cinnamon stick, and sugar. Be sure to stir the mixture briefly to help dissolve the sugar.
- Cover the tea mixture and set it aside to cool. Once it is room temperature, transfer the airtight container and chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- Make a bit of homemade whipped cream to add to your smoothie
- Pour the steeped chai through a fine-mesh strainer. Discard the solid waste.
- Add ice cream to a blender and pour the cold chai over it. Process until smooth.
- Pour the chilled chai into your chilled glasses and top each with a fresh dollop of whipped cream. Dust with ground cinnamon to taste.
Give yourself the star treatment with a refreshing melon bar
This South Korean inspired popsicle recipe takes ripe melon that is blended and drained of excess liquid to intensify the fruit flavor. Cream and sugar are then added to make the perfect post wisdom tooth popsicle.
- One medium-sized honeydew melon or 2 ½ pounds pre-cut honeydew melon.
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- One cup heavy cream
- One popsicle mold (6 or 8)
- Prep: Place a fine-mesh strainer over a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut the melon into one-inch and half-inch chunks. Place the melon in a blender, add the salt, and blend on until very smooth
- Using the strainer and bowl, you set aside earlier, pour the honeydew mixture through the strainer; let it sit around five minutes or until the excess juice has drained. Once the mixture drains, discard the excess juice or save it for another recipe.
- Transfer the melon puree from the strainer into a medium bowl. First, add the sugar and whisk through until it has dissolved. Then, add the cream and whisk until just the mixture combines. Pour your mixture into your molds and let sit for at least six hours.
Trust Our Oral Surgeons with Your Wisdom Tooth Removal
When it comes delivering a comfortable, safe, and painless patient experience, our oral and maxillofacial surgeons are some of the best in the world. Call us today to book your free wisdom tooth removal consultation or to find out how our medical travel concierge service can help you get home after your surgery!